Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Spoon - Nefarious EP, Sister Jack [Single], + 3 More

Today I've got a assortment of rare Spoon tracks for both the old and new fans alike.


Spoon was formed in 1994 by lead singer/guitarist Britt Daniel and drummer Jim Eno during a party on Kimbolton Avenue. The name Spoon was chosen as a respectful salute to the 1970s German avant-garde band Can whose hit record "Spoon" was the theme song to the movie Das Messer.


Their first recording The Nefarious EP, was released in 1994 and is currently OOP (out of print). I know, I know your thinking "I already have the first three tracks from the 1996 album Telephono". Well these are the original recordings from '94, they sound much rawer and more low-fi. A real treat for the old fan.

1. Nefarious
2. Government Darling
3. Not Turning Off
4. This Damn Nation (Godfathers)

Spoon - The Nefarious EP

Next up, from their 2005 outting Gimme Fiction are the "Sister Jack" b-sides from both the US and UK singles.

1. Monkey Feelings
2. It Took a Rumor to Make Me Wonder, Now I'm Convinced I'm Going Under
3. I Turn My Camera On (John McEntire Remix)
4. Sunday Morning, Wednesday Night

Spoon - Sister Jack [Singles]


Last are a few odds and ends that came out following Gimme Fiction. If anyone is interested I have 2 more versions of "My First Time, Vol. 3".

1. My First Time, Vol. 3 (Heavy Version)
1. My First Time, Vol. 3 (Demo Version)
2. Book That I Write (Stranger Than Fiction)

***** 51 POST! *****
If you enjoy the music and would like me to keep sharing, please leave feedback in the comments section under each posting. Want me to post something by your favorite band? I won't know unless you ask.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for the Nefarious EP. Early Spoon is hard to find. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

i found this browsing the internet and it is an awesome post. spoon is my favorite band and similar posts like this would be very cool.