
The song was written by Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) and rather strangely is about brushing your teeth. Says Homme:
"I have a tooth obsession. I've had everything done to my teeth that you could have done. I used to dream about teeth all the time-I've had nightmares about them since I was a kid, like horrible night terrors. I even went the doctor about it, and that's why I hate going to sleep even to this day. I still always have nightmares. So I'd have this recurring dream where I'm getting my teeth pulled out and then I'd flash forward and I'd be in a giant mouth with these teeth bleeding everywhere. And I'd be cleaning these giant teeth while the blood was coming down and I'd be drowning in a sea of toothbrush foam and blood. So "Demon Cleaner" was this metaphor for, you know, you gotta keep yourself clean, you gotta keep yourself tight."
The disc features two early versions of "El Rodeo" and "Hurricane" that would later appear on the album...And the Circus Leaves Town, and three live tracks that were recorded at Marquee club, Hamburg, Germany.
01. Demon Cleaner
02. Day One (To Dave & Chris)
03. El Rodeo (early version)
04. Hurricane (early version)
05. Gardenia (live)
06. Thumb (live)
07. Conan Troutman (live)
Kyuss - Demon Cleaner [EP]
No comments:
Post a Comment