Sunday, January 24, 2010

Negativland - U2 [EP]

U2 is an EP released in 1991 by the experimental music and sound collage band Negativland. The EP and the band gained notoriety when lawyers representing Island Records, the record label of the band U2, sued over misleading artwork and the use of unauthorized sampling.


The songs were parodies of the group U2's well-known 1987 song, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", including kazoos and extensive sampling of the original song. The song "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Special Edit Radio Mix)" features a musical backing to an extended profane rant from well-known disc jockey Casey Kasem, lapsing out of his more polished and professional tone during a frustrating taping, which was captured by several engineer. One of Kasem's milder comments was "These guys are from England and who gives a shit?".

01. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (1991 A Capella Mix)
02. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Special Edit Radio Mix)

Negativland - U2 [EP]

No comments: