Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Modest Mouse - Float On [Single]

"Float On" is a single released by Modest Mouse, from their 2004 album, Good News for People Who Love Bad News.


Asked about the song in an interview with The A.V. Club, Brock said that he consciously intended to write something that felt more positive than some of his previous work:

“It was a completely conscious thing. I was just kind of fed up with how bad shit had been going, and how dark everything was, with bad news coming from everywhere. Our president is just a fucking daily dose of bad news! Then you've got the well-intentioned scientists telling us that everything is fucked. I just want to feel good for a day." —Isaac Brock, The A.V. Club

01. Float On
02. I've Got It All (Most) (non-album)
03. The Good Times Are Killing Me (Alternate Mix Version)

Modest Mouse - Float On [Single]

No comments: