Monday, April 2, 2007

Les Baxter - Jungle Jazz

OK, I admit it, I was a huge fan of the lounge/exotica/martini movement of the mid-nineties. I became a big fan of Esquivel, Les Baxter, Martin Denny as well as their contemporaries, Combustible Edison and Friend of Dean Martinez. It is in this spirit that I present to you Les Baxter's 1959 release "Jungle Jazz". Les captures the teeming, steaming
excitement of South America's jungles in these 8 original compositions. As far as I know this album is out of print and unavailable on CD.


So, cool down those hard drives and shake up that martini for this is the music of high adventure - with a beat - exotically presented in a Baxter blend of...... JUNGLE JAZZ.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BAAAAAAALLS! what the fuck? i cant download this one. when i click on the download link a window pops up saying;

"404 not found

The requested resource could not be found."

whats this about?
!3

Notice said...

Fixed it. I forgot to capitalize a "j" in the source code. It's working now.

Anonymous said...

kewl i got it now! awesome stuff! hey i found more music you can put up on this site. try checking out "Go Jimmy Go" and "MIdnite"
i just found out about go jimmy go this morning while listening to the radio and i guess these boys are from maui or some shit. anyway go check em.
!3

Media said...

I've got two "Go Jimmy Go" CDs and one Midnite. I'll add one.