Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Smashing Pumpkins - I Am One (10") [Single]

'I Am One' was the first single released by the Smashing Pumpkins way back in 1990. Two recordings of the song were released. One was recorded in 1990 and was the Pumpkins' first release and first on Limited Potential. When Gish was recorded, 'I Am One' was re-recorded and a new single was released.


First up is the hard to find original version of 'I Am One'. This is followed by the Syd Barrett (of Pink Floyd fame) cover of 'Terrapin', and the surf inspired instrumental 'Bullet Train to Osaka'. The last track is so far out in left field, you'll have a hard time imagining that it's even the Smashing Pumpkins. Non of these three tracks have ever been released on CD and are considered very rare and are highly sought after. Enjoy!

1. I Am One (Original Version)
2. Terrapin (Syd Barrett)
3. Bullet Train to Osaka (Instrumental)

Smashing Pumpkins - I Am One (10") [Single]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, really this is a "hard to find" single. Saludos from Chile

Anonymous said...

very very nice!