Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Cult - Fire Woman/Edie (Ciao Baby)/Sun King [Singles]

Sonic Temple is the fourth album by the The Cult, released in 1989. In addition to being a continuation of the band's hard rock sound that was introduced on their previous album, Electric, Sonic Temple features some of the band's most popular songs, "Fire Woman", "Sun King", "Edie (Ciao Baby)" and "Sweet Soul Sister".


The Edie in the song, is Edie Sedgwick, one of Andy Warhol's actresses. "Edie was inspired when I was in New York City when we were recording the Electric album. I have several friends there involved in the fashion industry and one in particular turned me on to a movie called Ciao Manhatten! I became extremely interested in the Velvet Underground and the Warhol period." - Ian Astbury (1989).


"Fire Woman", written by singer Ian Astbury and guitarist Billy Duffy, was the first single released from the album Sonic Temple.

01. Fire Woman (Single Version)
02. Automatic Blues
03. Messin' Up The Blues (unreleased)
04. Edie (Ciao Baby) (Single Version)
05. Bleeding Heart Graffiti (unreleased)
06. Sun King (Single Version)
07. Fire Woman (LA Rock Mix)
08. Fire Woman (NYC Rock Mix)

The Cult - Fire Woman/Edie (Ciao Baby)/Sun King [Singles]
PART I
PART II

No comments: