Friday, November 20, 2009

Tom Petty - You Don't Know How It Feels [Single]

"You Don't Know How It Feels" is the lead single from Tom Petty's 1994 album Wildflowers. MTV and many radio stations aired a censored version of the song, reversing the word "joint" in "let's roll another joint." Nevertheless, the music video won the MTV Video Music Award for Best Male Video in 1995.


Petty originally intended the B-side of the single, "Girl on LSD," to appear on Wildflowers, but Warner Bros. refused because it was too controversial. In the song Petty sings about being in love with multiple girls on different drugs: marijuana, cocaine, LSD, beer, china white (a slang term for heroin) and coffee. In the chorus Petty states: "Through ecstasy, crystal meth and glue/I found no drug compares to you/all these pills, all this weed/I dunno just what I need."

01. You Don't Know How It Feels
02. Girl On LSD (non-album)

Tom Petty - You Don't Know How It Feels [Single]

No comments: