Monday, May 3, 2010

Nirvana - Pennyroyal Tea (German) [Single]

"Pennyroyal Tea" by Nirvana, was scheduled to be released as the third single from their 1993 album In Utero. After singer, songwriter, frontman Kurt Cobain was found dead, the planned release was abandoned. The majority of the singles were destroyed at the BMG pressing plant in Germany. Though some were sold, many were stolen and later found themselves in private collections or at various auction sites.


The song was written by Cobain in 1990 in Olympia, Washington, while sharing an apartment with Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl. "Dave and I were screwing around on a 4-track," said Cobain, "and I wrote that song in about thirty seconds. And I sat down for like half-an-hour and wrote the lyrics and then we recorded it." Although the band played the song live many times in 1991 and 1992, it didn't receive studio treatment until 1993, when it was recorded by Steve Albini for In Utero. The song was remixed by Scott Litt for this release.

01. Pennyroyal Tea (Remix)
02. I Hate Myself and Want to Die (non-album)
03. Where Did You Sleep Last Night (MTV Unplugged Version) (Lead Belly)

Nirvana - Pennyroyal Tea (German) [Single]

No comments: